So- yes, I'm alive. I always mean to post more, but I feel guilty for not doing it and for how long it's been and I don't. *sigh*
Still living in the American South and absolutely loving it!
My beloved TheGildedMagpie
and I have now been together for nearly 4 years and are happily engaged. Unfortunately we can't marry or have a marriage count in our current state, but looks like CA might get its act together soon now that Prop 8's been declared unconstitutional. THANK the blessed Goddess. Still, we are mad for one another and share an excellent compliment of voices/interests/loveofhotdirtywrongness.
She's such a good match for a pervy PR1! One of these days I'm going to post a tally of the voices in our heads. It's pretty crazy and we really wonder what "normal couples" do. Then I remember life with my exhusband. This is SO much better.
It's also crazy weird but awesome to have a whole second family who I love and who love me! I got two more parents who are great friends and a teenaged brother who I can still out-armwrestle even though he's a football and track star. *smirks*
I do a crap-ton of RPing still, mostly tabletop gaming with various friends but some online stuff. We've got a steampunk RPG in the works if folks are interested!
Writing-wise, I am mostly down to my Daily_Deviant fics
for fandom and then it's all academic stuff all the time. It's sad, but full time uni teaching just doesn't give me the chance to play yet.
I have expanded fandom obsessions to officially (whatever that means) include LotR and Firefly, yes belatedly. We've also developed an unhealthy obsession with a certain detective and his doctor flatmate, but who hasn't?
So yeah. That's it for now. Life is busy, but life is good. Now I go back to prepping for teaching more fairy tales and waiting for The Hunger Games and The Hobbit to come out!
I really hope everyone is well. I do miss the lot of you. You really helped me get through an awful time in my life and helped me find ME, be ME, and like ME.
And helped my girl and I find each other. :D
*mushes all of you into a cuddly pile*This entry was originally posted at http://pre-raphaelite1.dreamwidth.org/6369.html. Please comment there using OpenID.
Yes, it's that time of the year where I emerge from the woodwork/academia to demonstrate I am not dead yet and to pimp HP April Fools on InsaneJournal!
So, come join the crazy fun! Writers, it's time to put your hand to art! Artists, let's write some fic. Lurkers, join in and party!
Sign up here: 2012 Sign Ups
Or be left out!
And I'll post a brief update on life momentarily for everyone's reading pleasure.This entry was originally posted at http://pre-raphaelite1.dreamwidth.org/5910.html. Please comment there using OpenID.
Despite evidence to the contrary...
So um. yes. Hello? I miss you guys! A hell of a lot has been going on- no, seriously, a lot.
My life in a nutshell:
* I'm now living in the American South. WTF? Luckily I'm not deep South and the area I'm in is fairly liberal, considering, due to the university population. But still... Me? In the South? I'm waiting for them to realise that they have a ranging pervert in their midst and lynch me. "YOU?! You're the one who likes gay incestuous crossdressing bestiality? YOU write children's characters having gay sex? YOU are pagan? AND YOU are bisexual? OUT OF OUR STATE!"
* I am teaching at a new university as of this August which is going very well. I teach British literature and children's literature and yes Harry Potter. :D Despite knowing a grand total of 1 person in the state when I moved here (alone), I've been blessed with fabulous colleagues and am actually developing a social life here. OMG.
* I have a great flat, nice and large and open, though it would be nice if it had another window or two. Still, importantly, it's QUIET. I'm currently alone but my beloved girl will be moving back here in Jan once she's done with her degree.
* My girl. We've been together nearly 2.5 years now and god, it's wonderful. Life is GOOD with her. We both stupidly happy, though we're apart, but even still- this distance for this time hasn't been as bad as we thought. A few more weeks and we'll be together in our own place (rather than together living back and forth between her parents' and my grams' like we were). I never expected to find someone who was as much of a filthy pervert as I am. And one as filled with voices and as obsessed fic writing and RPing and craftiness and costumes. *sighs happily* It took us both some crap to get to this place (between dumbass ex-husband and obsessive stalkers) but it's SO worth it.
* Dissertation- uhhh. That thing. I'm hoping to finish that by June. I owe a chapter to my chair 01 Dec. I should start that. But I've got loads of grading to do today. So it won't be today.
So yes, how are you?
What's new? What's old?
Care to give me an HP character and tell you something he/she would rather keep private?
Or at least say hello!
Myrtle, Remus/Slughorn, unnamed Hufflepuffs, Minerva/Tonks, Ron, Anthony/Fat Lady, Dobby, Luna/Sanguini, Carrows/unnamed student, Ginny/Pansy, Cedric/ChoRating:
andomimetophilia, anthropophagy, birth control/condoms, blood play, body painting, breasts, breathplay, catamites, clamps, costumes, dungeons, edible aphrodesiacs, execution, genital whipping, hands-free masturbation, hyphephilia, kleptophilia, medical kink, partner swapping, personal ads, pornography, red wings, ritual sex, sex shows, sex in the workplace, symphorophili, sperm banks/fetish, spectrophilia, threesomes, tourniquets, underwearWord Count:
1100 exactlySummary/Description: People think I spend all my time sitting alone in my u-bend thinking morbid thoughts. But I'll tell you a secret: I don't. Oh sometimes one must dwell on death in the curve of a pipe but there are other much nicer things to think and do and see.Author's Notes:
Well, this is every
kink/theme I didn't write last year... Talk about a challenge! And far, far too many tags.Fake Cut to Daily_Deviant"Practically Pristine"
- Tags:anthony, bdsm, blood play, bondage, breathplay, cedric cho, comeplay, crossdressing, d/s, ginny/pansy, luna/sanguini, masturbation, minerva/tonks, my fics, nc-17, remus/slughorn, ron, swinging, threesomes, voyeurism
This is the last day sign-ups for this year's HP_April_Fools fest!
Don't be the fool who is let out of the fun!
Go over to our Sign-Up Page and be committed to this year's insanity!
Sign-ups will close at 11:59pm PST (GMT -8) tonight.
This is the first of two fics I wrote for Daily_Deviant's Kinky Kristmas fest. I couldn't resist the prompt as it had one of my favourite kinks in it. Mmmmm, breathplay. :DTitle:
threesomes, bondage, gags, cockrings, pegging, piercing, voyeurism, breathplay, cockgagging, dirty talk, facials, Pervy use of the Death Chamber and VeilSummary/Description:
Teddy has finally found an intimate connection to his parents -- in the Department of Mysteries. Victoire, on the other hand, has found an entertaining idea of what to do with it.Author's Notes: I couldn't resist this prompt and its fantastic kinks, so lesyeuxverts has my love for requesting Sirius/Teddy+1 with breathplay using the Veil. :P And this just kept going into something far, far longer than I normally write, so I hope you enjoy it! Thanks to thegildedmagpie and r_grayjoy for beta help!Fake-Cut to iJ's Daily_Deviant!"Veiled Science"Comments are loved!
- Tags:bondage, breathplay, cockgagging, cockrings, daily_deviant, dirty talk, facials, gags, my fics, nc-17, pegging, piercing, sirius/teddy, teddy/victoire, threesomes, voyeurism
The Sign Ups
are now open!
Trek on over to iJ and join up!
This year we even have a specific category for people who are typically just watchers! Everyone is welcome! No talent required! Just a dose of courage and a foolish sense of fun!
OI, you lot! Sign-ups for the Third Annual HP_April_Fools open in just 5 days!
You don't want to miss this! It's crazy fun and you don't have to have any mad skillz!
If you haven't heard of this, where have you been? :P In this gift exchange, the authors make the art and the artists write the fic! People who are known for both fic and art must work in a new medium; and new for this year, watchers will be making illustrated poems!
It's a chance to try your hand/mouse/keys at something new and have a grand time doing it!
This is fandom's friendliest and most foolish fest! I guarantee it!*~* HP_April_Fools *~* HP_April_Fools *~* HP_April_Fools *~*